1. Our Commitment to You. We are honored to have you as a our clients. We appreciate your stellar Yelp and Tax Buzz reviews as we strive to do our best work for you. Besides an optimal tax return, we will actively assist you with wealth management. This page will provide you with the nuts and bolts of our tax season process.
2. Providing Tax Documents. Our goal is to make the process efficient and convenient for you, and effective for us. Be sure to submit a signed Engagement Letter and Client Information sheet. (Individual Organizer. Business Organizer.)
Sending us your paperwork: You can either email us or drop off your paperwork. Due to the current situation, we recommend emailing us your documents. We will email missing data or questions as soon as our team begins preparation. We request that you give us your documents when it is at 90% complete (like waiting for a K1 or any other specific reports). Upon completion of the return, we will provide you as detailed summary of the results and suggest tax strategies for next year.
Appointment: We encourage clients with complicated tax returns to meet during tax season. Unless there are drastic changes from your financial situation, we do not require a meeting. For efficiency, we may request that you meet with one of our capable tax preparers. Be reassured that your tax returns are reviewed and managed by BTA.
Client Portal: We reserve the portal for missing data and for uploading tax return to clients. If you have less than 20 pages of documents, portal is the secure way to provide us the data. Because we prepare from paper, it takes additional resources to process.
3. Missing Data. Once we start you return, we will email you for missing information. Please respond to us within 3-5 days. After our 2nd attempt to reach you, your tax return will be put on hold and no longer has priority status. Tax returns with multiple reminders require additional resource and will be priced accordingly.
4. Payment. We accept credit card payments with a 3% convenience fee. We also accept PayPal, ACH, Zelle, and Venmo at without the fee. Lastly, we accept cash and checks. All tax prep fee must be paid prior to e-File.
5. Completed Tax Return. You will receive an email informing you that we have completed your tax return. Please carefully review the documents and email.
To proceed with e-File, follow our steps for signatures and payment. If you owe, be sure to mail in voucher or pay online to IRS/FTB. We do not use direct withdrawal for security purposes. We will upload a scanned copy of your source data. If you would like to keep your originals, please pickup with 10 days.
After e-File, we will send you a confirmation once the IRS/FTB accepts your tax return. Yay!! We are done!
6. Turnaround Time. Our tax return turnaround varies from client to client (2-3 weeks). Tax data submitted to us after March 18 will likely be extended. Please provide your tax data as soon as possible! If you have a complicated return, filing an extension is highly recommended. That way we can work on your tax returns with more time.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions.